Thursday, November 10, 2011

Alternatives

As you know, I am always harping on about alternatives to fossil fuel, so I was heartened to learn of this project in Nottingham using solar power, even on "This Clouded Island" (Caesar). Yesterday in downtown Penticton I photographed our early 20th Century Wind Power Mill. We definitely have a lot of wind in our valley. We are also encouraged by the success of voltaic cell research going on at Sheffield University.
On a different note, the red leaves result from a Danish Folk Song about colors. "My boyfriend is a mailman, so my dress is red" and so on. The last quote for today is for bloggers. "The skill of writing is to create a context in which other people can think"
(Edwin Schlossberg)
Solar Electricity in Nottingham! ( not everyone signed up though )         (Thanks to "The Guardian")

Wind powered electricity in Penticton. I love the title "Wincharger"

Downtown Penticton. Why not have a Gazebo on your roof? Why not have a yellow car parked outside? Why Ever Not? The front door is Yellow...

"My Boyfriend is a Mailman, so my dress is Red!"

3 comments:

Friko said...

Good for you, Nottingham, but I'd hate to have to live on an estate like this one. I wonder if the people are identical as their houses are. I am a snob.

I like colourful Penticton better.

As for the red carpet, yes please. I'd love to shuffle through.

Filip Demuinck said...

Good picture with all the solar plates.

Greetings,
Filip

Desiree said...

What a wonderful carpet of red leaves. Lovely capture!