Thursday, April 12, 2012

Doing Things Differently

We all like to stay in our own usual world. We often complain when someone comes along and wants to change things around. Examples abound. 47-year old Bashar al-Assad wants the old way to go on for ever. The folk on Wuthering Heights want their culture and history to be unsullied by the introduction of windmills. Millionaire soccer star Joey Barton was interviewed recently on his tour of The National Portrait Gallery in London. "it's nice, I like it, but it's not worth 30 million pounds" he said of one painting.
We all have our opinions naturally. That is what makes the world interesting. But sometimes it is good to break out into new thoughts and ways. I came across such a person today who is doing just that, and with great success in the Art World. 37-year-old Jorinde Voigt from Berlin is producing a new kind of art, inspired by sound, music, and other stimuli. She is exhibiting in the Lisson Gallery in London and is worth a look.
Mr Darcy Ball. Portrait by MJS. ( CS3 Filters )
Jorinde Voigt. Photo from the Internet.
I myself am trying out new ways of blogging just now. I will tell you about it later if it gets off the ground!
Here is a link you might try......
Oh by the way, I wasn't away decorating the living room, I was away doing our Income taxes!!

No comments: