Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Around Athens Creek

A Furry Bee on our Honeysuckle

The Birch

The First Rose (20th May)

More Roses ( 22nd May)

Last evening at sundown
Here are a few up to the moment images from around here where we live. The season changes fast, the cherries, apples, pears and peaches are forming, all the leaves are fully out, and the roses, irises, and hydrangeas have come. The Olympics will be here before you know it, if they can only keep the flame lit. The Egyptians will have a new government, even maybe the Greeks will have a new currency, before you can blink twice. Talking about blinking, I am told that when taking portraits I have to set my camera to take three shots one second apart in order to avoid them; but personally I think the number of shots should be at least equal to the number of people on the picture, in order to avoid those blinks? What do you think?

3 comments:

H said...

'If there are 7 people grouped together for a photograph, each person will blink once every three seconds with a 0.9 second delay between the first blinker and the last, and the camera is set to take continuous shots at one second intervals, how many shots ..?'
I'm getting a headache just thinking about the information which would need to be included in the question!

FilipBlog said...

You live in a beautiful area but I hope the Greeks can keep the Euro.

Greetings,
Filip

jennyfreckles said...

Love those roses - I'm thinking I should plant one.