Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Airports

Airports are interesting places. People watching, employee watching, aircraft spotting, viewing Art, so on. Lots of business men in their flashy suits, and business women in their high heels, toting wheeled luggage and iPads and iPhones (no hands left for bottled water)....
Airports are so efficient, organized, and spacious.
When I was young, and with large numbers of infants at my heels, I used to take them Saturdays to the new Winnipeg Airport in winter for a good indoor runabout!
Sculpture of Soldier returning from War

Kelowna Control

Hanne with her Plane

Things need Fixing

Hanne at the Airport
Yesterday in Kelowna it was to meet Hanne, who had been in Calgary visiting grandchildren, daughter Karin, and old friends, and was returning home.
Above are a few photos.

2 comments:

H said...

I hate to admit it, but I have never travelled on a plane and I can't actually remember being inside an airport. It's not lack of desire, it's just that there has always been a cheaper alternative, my work does not offer the opportunity for such travel and almost all of my holidays have been UK based. One day!

FilipBlog said...

Very nice statue, I also love to visit airports. Certainly to go plane spotting. We don't do this often enough.

Greetings,
Filip